Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 24th

Thank you, Utah, for having an extra holiday in July. This years Pioneer Day was one of my favorites to date. We usually go camping over this glorious holiday, but for some reason this year we didn't book our campsite early enough and by the time we got around to it, there were none to be had. So, we decided to make the best of it and have some fun anyway.

That morning, after my 3 mile run, we dropped our kids off at Grandpa Dan's and Grandma Nonie's and headed to Ruth's Diner with Tim and Ashley. Sam and I had never been there, and Tim and Ash wanted to get one last breakfast there before heading back to Kenyucky, so we headed up sans kids for a really fun breakfast. The atmosphere was awesome. We sat outside in the shade and it was the perfect temperature and the food was amazing!! So glad we were able to go and have adult conversations without getting after a kid for not eating or getting out of their chair and running around.

When we got home, we dragged our tired kids to the bowling alley with my family. Its been years since we all bowled together, so it was a fun change. We played two games, and I remembered how awful I am at bowling. My daughter, my 3 year old daughter, had a higher score than me. In fact, all the kids did. (yeah they had bumpers but still...) My own mother, who I thought was the only other bowler that was worse than me,  beat me. By quite a bit. (118 to my 50) However, the second game my sister was the one who came in dead last, with a 47. So, at least there is that.


After bowling, we headed home for some naps. We were all so tired!! After nice long(ish) naps, we headed back to my parents for some delicious burgers and dutch oven potatoes. Unfortunately, Sam had to leave to do flags for scouts, and was gone a while, but it was still fun.
I love this picture of my baby! We need to sent it to RSL. She can be their new poster baby.

Abby and Maddies relationship in a nutshell
After dinner, we played outside waiting for it to get dark enough to watch a movie outside. While we waited, music was played and the girls were going crazy singing along. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get the video from youtube to here. Its not showing up under my videos, so that's pretty frustrating.

The movie was the topper on the cake. My brother in law was able to get his hands on a projector and we set up a sheet and watched Despicable Me 2. Hands down, the best idea ever!
Shadow kids
After such a fun day, my kids slept like champs. And quite frankly, so did Sam and I.

2 comments:

  1. seriously, what a great weekend! nevada day is on halloween but it would be so much better in the summer with fireworks! i just love that pic of madi with the rSL hat- for sure could be the poster baby. and what a great idea about the projector! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing day! I feel like a broken record, but still find myself saying it, I wish Brigham and I could have gone to breakfast with you guys too! But I'm glad you had such a good day and totally send the picture in of Maddi to RSL, it's adorble!

    ReplyDelete