Thursday, July 29, 2010
1. "I can be an a doctor, I can be an engineer, I can be an astronaut for goodness sake......But I don't know who I am!" A famous quote from our favorite Pretender, Jarod. Sam and I just got done watching our show. It was fun. I recommend this TV series to all, even though it is never fully resolved. It was still awesome with a capital Boss. I just love this show because it was the first real nerd thing that Sam joined me in. I'm still the bigger nerd, but he is a nerd too.
2. Gilmore Girls. This is not one of Sam's favorite, but I do love me an episode of Gilmore wit and charm. Sam is slowly coming to, although he won't ever admit it, but I do hear him laugh at some of the awesomeness that is Loralie.3.
Next i have to put Family Guy. I know what some of you are thinking, that it is an awful show. Yes it is. It is awfully funny. And to be honest, because of the fact that it has gotten even worse, I no longer watch the new seasons, but I will not pretend that I don't like it after all, I'm no Pretender like Jarod. (had to incorporate some nerd)
4.The office. Of course I like the office. "Michael, you go to parties all the time, why is tonight so special?" Well, tonight is so special because my boss's boss's boss, the CFO, not his initials, common mistake, is having a little shindig for all the managers in the company. And Jan and I are going as a couple. For the first time. So it's kind of our coming out party. Really. And that is why tonight is so special." When I was down at school, my roommates and I borrowed/took the office from our friends, and kept it for a really long time. We would quote it often and it became a staple in our household, and among the friends. Thank you Michael Scott, for the laughs.
5.Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and oldy, but a goody. Most people don't even know what this show is, but it is a big deal among my mom, sister, and I. It's an old 80's show about a man named Lee Stetson, who is a spy with a code name of Scarecrow, who gets involved with a house wife, Amanda King, who through certain events, becomes a spy too. It is super cute as Lee and Amanda fall in love. Many parts were rewound and watched again. Also, this show got me through some hard times as cheesy as that sounds. And it was fun to love it so much with my mom and sister. It brought us closer!
6. What is a list of favorite TV shows without putting the classic cartoon, The Simpsons! When we were younger, we weren't allowed to watchit, but we would sneak and do it anyway, and eventually my parents stopped trying to stop us. I even heard them laugh at times, although they would deny it then, and probably still deny it today.
7. King of Queens is a fabulous show. I like to think of it as mine and Sam's show before he left. It would be on the WB weeknights from 9-10, so sometimes we would go get some snacks, then go to my place and watch it and cuddle, we would then usually fall asleep, making it my mom's responsibility to wake us up so he could go home. I'm sure glad we don't have to part at night anymore.
8.I love Lucy. I know, super old, but I do love it. When my mom first got in the choir, my dad and I would watch this and "whose line is it anyway" every Thursday night. It lasted until he got in the choir. And I must admit, I do a pretty fantastic Ricky Ricardo laugh. Just ask. I'll show you anytime and expect you to give me a pity laugh and tell me it really does sound like Ricky.
9. What I like About You. I think this show is funny, and again, good memories come from it. Down at SUU, Jessica P. Stoneman and I never missed an episode. We would turn the TV on everday to ABC Family at 4 and watch it together. It was some good times, watching TV and snacking.
10. And last but not least, Full House. I can never get enough of the sad music that happens when someone is feeling sad or angry, and then the sad/resolve music when they fix the problem. Full of laughs, love, and cheese, Full House makes my list because it's so gosh darn fun. And I wanted to be an Olsen Twin when I was little. They were pretty much the Bees Knees in my eyes.
So there you have it. Some of my favorite TV shows. Most of these made the list because there is a memory that goes along with it, and me being a very sentimental girl, decided to take the journey down memory road tonight. Hope you enjoyed!!
Goodbye and Goodnight!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
So that is what the Tappana's are doing tonight. We have both been very exhausted, and I don't feel up to my game, so after a little bit of pouting, fluttering of my eyes, and just plain cuteness (or what Sam would call bratness) on my part, I convinced Sam to get pizza, crazy bread, ice cream, and a movie tonight and that is what we will be doing. I couldn't be happier.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Last week my family went on such a fun vacation to Yellowstone. Here are some highlights of the trip. We left early Monday morning, and made a few fun stops on the way up to Island Park, where our cabin was. We stopped by Mack's Inn, and hung out there for a while. We got some yummy pizza and just played around. We were able to check into our fun cabin at 4, and spent the rest of the night enjoying it! Here is the view of the cabin from upstairs.
Tuesday, we spent the day in Yellowstone. We saw a lot of Hot Pots, some pretty waterfalls, and a lot of Bison. That night we went to Old Faithful, but it was so late and we were all so tired and hungry, that we didn't want to wait and hour to see it erupt, so we just went back to the cabin.Wednesday, we decided to stay around Island Park, so we found a beautiful hike called the Coffee Pot's trail. It was so much fun, even when pelican's pooped on me. It was right along the Snake River.
On Thursday, we stopped by a place called Quake Lake. My family went there back in 1994, and it was so creepy. This time, it wasn't as creepy as i remember, but it was fun to visit again. Then we went to Yellowstone, but we didn't see as much as we wanted to.
Friday, we left our cabin and made our journey to Jackson Hole to go to the Bar J, but not before we stopped by Old Faithful and watched it explode! On the way to Jackson Hole, we stopped by the Grand Tetons and decided a swim in the lake. My brother Erik and His wife Ali were the first ones to get in the water, then eventually most of us joined. Here are Sam and I having fun in the lake!
The Bar J at Jackson was a lot of fun. It is a chuck wagon dinner, with super good meats and beans and applesauce and cornbread. It was super good. Then after they have a country band play. It was a lot of fun!
I'm really glad we were able to go with my family. I'm still going through withdrawals from it. Ha ha. It was one of the most fun things I have done in a while!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I love July, it starting out with my birthday, and one of my favorite Holidays: The 4th of July!! Sam made sure my birthday weekend was the best ever. Friday we didn't do much seeing as were both so tired, so he took me to Olive Garden and then he gave me a new camera for my Birthday!! Just what I wanted!! It's so great! Saturday was my real birthday adventure.
We started out by going to hike Timpanogos Cave. One of Sam's least favorite activities is hiking, but he did it because he knew I wanted to. It was a lot of fun!! The only downside: we got suckered into buying sweatshirts because we forgot ours and the cave, especially when sweaty, gets cold. Since I was shivery through my jacket, I was glad we had them. After we hiked back down, we had a little picnic then headed home to clean up and go see fireworks at Sugarhouse park. We bought some fun glow-sticks, and let me tell you, totally worth the $3. The fireworks were ok. Taylorsville Dayzz were better. But it was fun being there. The traffic was horrible after, but that is ok. Sunday was a lot of fun too. My newest niece Emery was blessed, so after we went to my Sam's brothers Tim and his wife Ashley's house for some delicious food. After, we went to my parents house for mine and my sister-in-law's, Ali, birthday dinner. It is always fun to share a birthday with her. I also have a birthday around the same time as my other sister-in-law on Sam's side, Kari. That night we just played around with the family. It was a great night. After, My brother Erik, Ali, Sam, and I went to a midnight eating at Village Inn. Monday, another great day, we went to see Toy Story 3 with my family, then we went to my parents for some fun, and later went to the in laws for a yummy dinner and a nice walk.
It was a great weekend, and so hard to go back to work Tuesday. But next week we will be in Yellowstone, so I shouldn't fret too much!!