Thursday, July 29, 2010
10 shows I love.
1. "I can be an a doctor, I can be an engineer, I can be an astronaut for goodness sake......But I don't know who I am!" A famous quote from our favorite Pretender, Jarod. Sam and I just got done watching our show. It was fun. I recommend this TV series to all, even though it is never fully resolved. It was still awesome with a capital Boss. I just love this show because it was the first real nerd thing that Sam joined me in. I'm still the bigger nerd, but he is a nerd too.
2. Gilmore Girls. This is not one of Sam's favorite, but I do love me an episode of Gilmore wit and charm. Sam is slowly coming to, although he won't ever admit it, but I do hear him laugh at some of the awesomeness that is Loralie.3.
Next i have to put Family Guy. I know what some of you are thinking, that it is an awful show. Yes it is. It is awfully funny. And to be honest, because of the fact that it has gotten even worse, I no longer watch the new seasons, but I will not pretend that I don't like it after all, I'm no Pretender like Jarod. (had to incorporate some nerd)
4.The office. Of course I like the office. "Michael, you go to parties all the time, why is tonight so special?" Well, tonight is so special because my boss's boss's boss, the CFO, not his initials, common mistake, is having a little shindig for all the managers in the company. And Jan and I are going as a couple. For the first time. So it's kind of our coming out party. Really. And that is why tonight is so special." When I was down at school, my roommates and I borrowed/took the office from our friends, and kept it for a really long time. We would quote it often and it became a staple in our household, and among the friends. Thank you Michael Scott, for the laughs.
5.Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and oldy, but a goody. Most people don't even know what this show is, but it is a big deal among my mom, sister, and I. It's an old 80's show about a man named Lee Stetson, who is a spy with a code name of Scarecrow, who gets involved with a house wife, Amanda King, who through certain events, becomes a spy too. It is super cute as Lee and Amanda fall in love. Many parts were rewound and watched again. Also, this show got me through some hard times as cheesy as that sounds. And it was fun to love it so much with my mom and sister. It brought us closer!
6. What is a list of favorite TV shows without putting the classic cartoon, The Simpsons! When we were younger, we weren't allowed to watchit, but we would sneak and do it anyway, and eventually my parents stopped trying to stop us. I even heard them laugh at times, although they would deny it then, and probably still deny it today.
7. King of Queens is a fabulous show. I like to think of it as mine and Sam's show before he left. It would be on the WB weeknights from 9-10, so sometimes we would go get some snacks, then go to my place and watch it and cuddle, we would then usually fall asleep, making it my mom's responsibility to wake us up so he could go home. I'm sure glad we don't have to part at night anymore.
8.I love Lucy. I know, super old, but I do love it. When my mom first got in the choir, my dad and I would watch this and "whose line is it anyway" every Thursday night. It lasted until he got in the choir. And I must admit, I do a pretty fantastic Ricky Ricardo laugh. Just ask. I'll show you anytime and expect you to give me a pity laugh and tell me it really does sound like Ricky.
9. What I like About You. I think this show is funny, and again, good memories come from it. Down at SUU, Jessica P. Stoneman and I never missed an episode. We would turn the TV on everday to ABC Family at 4 and watch it together. It was some good times, watching TV and snacking.
10. And last but not least, Full House. I can never get enough of the sad music that happens when someone is feeling sad or angry, and then the sad/resolve music when they fix the problem. Full of laughs, love, and cheese, Full House makes my list because it's so gosh darn fun. And I wanted to be an Olsen Twin when I was little. They were pretty much the Bees Knees in my eyes.
So there you have it. Some of my favorite TV shows. Most of these made the list because there is a memory that goes along with it, and me being a very sentimental girl, decided to take the journey down memory road tonight. Hope you enjoyed!!
Goodbye and Goodnight!