Friday, January 4, 2013

What Were You Doin' New Years Eve?

As for my little family and me, we were holed up in our house sick, finishing up our annual Lord Of The Rings Marathon, which we finished at 11:55, shared a very stuffy nosed kiss, (on my part. Its hard to kiss when you can't breath through your nose) toasted with some sparkling grape juice, and basically called it a night.
Yes, I watch LOTR with subtitles occasionally.
Ok so a Correction: Abby and I were sick. Sam was and still is completely fine. How he managed to not get this awful cold/flu that hit almost every other member of my family is beyond me. Seriously you guys, I don't mean to complain but this has been the worst. I have been out of commission for just about a week now. Hence no blogging or blog-stalking. But I feel like I am finally on the mend, though I still have this awful pee-my-pants-a-little cough and still hardly a voice. Oh and guess who filled up 2 Walmart sacks full of tissues this week? This girl.

Anyway, enough about me. Well actually, this post will be very much about me and the family, but enough about being sick. 2012 wasn't our most exciting year, but it was still a good one. So, without any further adieu, 2012 in a nutshell.

Even though January is the most horrible month in the whole year, we managed to have a little bit of fun. I had some of my old college friends over for pizza.
 We pretended like we had money and tried to look for furniture at Furniture Warehouse on Road Redwood when it was going out of business. (still way too much $) 
We attended my beautiful cousin Staci's wedding.
 Miss Abby turned 6 months old. 

We celebrated our first Valentines day as parents, by eating at Moochies, walking around town, and exchanging presents at home. 
I first heard and fell in love with We Are Young by Fun. 
Sam turned the big 26 and we decided to eat at Lambs. It was gross. 
Later on his Birthday weekend, we had a party for him at our house. I think he had a pretty good one. 
I also quit my day job and just started working nights.

 Abby turned 8 months. 
The weather, which never was super cold anyway, got warm and we went and fed ducks. 
We welcomed my new nephew Jackson at the end of March.

We enjoyed April conference at home.
 We hjad a nice First Easter with Abby in her new Easter dress.

I was able to celebrate my first mothers day. Sam made me feel really special. 
We also celebrated our 3 year Anniversary by getting dinner and ice cream. 
Abby also turned 10 months and finally started to crawl and climb stairs. 
We also had a fun Memorial Day weekend spent in the mountains.

June we really started having a fun summer. We went on picnics with Aunts, went swimming at Taylorsville pool, roasted Marshmallows and hot dogs in the mountains, celebrated Sam's first fathers day, and enjoyed the highlight of my summer every summer: Taylorsville Dayzz. Best fireworks of the year!

July we vacationed in St. George.
 I turned the big 26, I finally got a smart phone. (and I'll never go back). 
We also went camping, and Abbigale turned 1, and we had her birthday party at our house the next week. July was a really good month.

We went to splash pads, lunches, and a lake with my sister. 
We went to a drive in and saw Avengers and Batman. 
We had fun at the Farmers Market in Salt Lake, and we realized what the summer did to our bank account. Worth it.

We had a fun Labor Day weekend.
 We attended a Bee's game that was on a rain delay, therefore we had to leave early since it got so late.
We spent a lot of Fridays downtown having lunch with grammy and daddy.
 We lost one of Abby's beloved jelly shoes.
 I did a lot of laundry at my moms.
 And went to a lot of fairs and festivals. 

Abby turned 15 months and finally started walking! 
I ran my first 5k in a long time and got SECOND in my division. 
I went to the coolest Harry Potter thing in the world and made my own wand. 
We had fun at Gardner Village seeing the witches. 
Kari and Brigham had their annual Halloween party where we dressed up as Lois Lane and Clark Kent, and we took Abby trick-or-treating for the first time! 

I kept up really well on my running. 
We had my nieces and nephews stay over for a night while my sister and brother in law ran the Vegas Ragnar.
 We went on a fabulous date to Cheesecake factory.
We had 2 tasty Thanksgiving dinners.
The month of shutdown at work began.

I worked most the month starting at 9, which put a damper on Christmas celebrating.
We still managed to have a progressive dinner with my family, see the lights on Temple Square, attend the Tabernacle Choirs Christmas concert, and watch a few movies.
We had a nice Christmas eve and Christmas day.
Abby was a hoot opening presents.
I got sick near the end and have been sick ever since.

Yes 2012, you were good to us. Not as good as 2011 (house and baby trump most things) but still good. 

Here is to a hopefully great 2013! Bring it!


  1. Sooo...wherever did you get that FABULOUS idea of posting month by month what happened during the year? Seriously, brilliant :).
    You guys did some fun things! It would seem that 2012 was much better and more fun for you guys than it was for us. Here's to 2013 and hoping it will be a better year for all us Tappana's!

  2. oh my goodness- i am so sorry youre sick! its just the worst. i wish i was there and could help watch abby for you!!