Wednesday, April 3, 2013

20/20


I am now officially half way through my pregnancy people! HALF WAY!!! 20 whole weeks!!! Seriously, my pregnancy was going fast up til about 17 weeks and then these past 3 weeks just slowed way down. Hopefully it picks up again and before I know it we will be meeting our little baby for the first time.

In the mean time, I will live off her tiny little nudges, that are beginning to get stronger and more frequent. I'll enjoy the rare times I feel great. (this past week was fabulous, but it all came tumbling out this morning after work. Spaghetti is back off the menu) and I will enjoy the last few months of Abby being an only child.

Speaking of that girl, I wasn't going to do an update on her until she was two, but she has changed so much since her 18 month update, that I just want to write a few quick things down that my cute spunky toddler is doing now days at 20 months old.

Abby is still a very small girl. She maybe weighs 21 pounds now? Either way, she gets my arms good when we play up and down and I toss her in the air.

Things Abby loves: She loves Sesame Street and gets upset if I dare turn on anything else. She loves her bubbles and begs for them all day. She also loves her books and sometimes the only way I can watch a show of my own is to keep her occupied with books. Abby loves going on walks, especially when I let her walk. In fact, she gets antsy in her stroller easily, especially when she sees a park is near. Speaking of parks, Abby loves to play at the park, particularly the swings. And mostly, Abby just loves to be outside. She also loves to give high-fives and if she gives one person a high five, she has to give everyone in the room a high five. Oh and she loves running around the kitchen and living-room  She would run circles all day if we let her. And boy does she love her daddy. She squeals in delight every night he walks in the door. I get less of an enthusiastic greeting when I come home.

Things Abby hates: My child is very...whats the word....oh stubborn. She knows what she wants and sometimes won't allow anything else. Sometimes if she doesn't want milk or food, she will flail her arms and hide her face, instead of just saying no. She hates when I try and talk to her during Sesame Street and will often shush me. Yesterday when she was watching it, I was upstairs and I turned on the blow dryer. All the sudden, I heard yelling so I peeked down the stairs in time to see her waiving her arms and pointing up and me while yelling, and then huffed off. That's right folks. She was mad I dared make noise while her show was on. Oh and she HATES it when Sam and I hug or cuddle or anything. She will try and push us apart with all her might (shaking she tries so hard) while yelling "no!"  She also hates smelly things, and will often plug her nose if we are changing her poopy diaper, if we have bad breath, or if somebody toots. Little stinker.

Things Abby says: Boy this child learns new words every day. She knows how to say most her body parts, come back, bubbles, Jesus, mustache of all things thanks to Sesame Street, bless you, various animal sounds, amen, please, thank you, drink, she can ask "going bye bye?", ball, bread, lets go, and basically she is good at coping people.


What we are looking forward to: Teething being over with! She is getting her two year old molars and this past week and a half has been rough-especially at night. Lets just say Sam and I are walking zombies.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i look at these pics and it makes me want to cry- i dont know her at all! she is getting so big and is just this little person and it makes me so sad i never see her. soooo hilarious how she shhed your hairdrying. what a stinker! i cant believe she is bothered by smells and wont cuddle at all! hahha man this just made my day. she is so big! i am coming conference!!! i have to see my little girl!

    ReplyDelete