Thursday, December 8, 2011

Food, Glorious Food.


 Thanks to this cute face, I still have a bunch some baby weight to lose.

In fact, I had an interesting conversation with some Kindergartners last week. It went something like this:

Kindergartner 1: Where were you yesterday?
Me: I was home with my sick baby.
Kindergartner 1: Do you have another baby?
Me:...no
Kindergartner 1: Well your belly is big.
Me: Thank you...
Kindergartner 2: No, he's serious.
Me:....
Now this should be motivation enough to get my butt into gear right? And the fact is, I'm pretty faithful at working out. (except this week, but really working during the day and then again till 2am takes its toll)

No, I basically have the working out down, but my real problem is food. At the elementary school where I work, we are doing a 12 days of Christmas. Everyday for 12 days, we have treats in the teachers lounge. And every morning for the past 2 mornings, I get really excited to get to work to see what the treat is that day. Oink, I know. And I usually grab some at 10 am to make sure I get some. Double oink, I know. This quote on Pinterest fits me to a T.
I just love food! I love sweet, salty, gummy, sour. I get excited to eat a meal, and after I eat that meal, I get excited for the next. When we go out for food, I can't wait to oink that delicious meal. When me and Sam split a treat, I get jealous if his is bigger and sometimes when I have an extra delicious treat, I have to remember to share.

Basically, I guess I'll just have to keep battling the food vs. fat.

And because I love food so much, I will do it happily.

3 comments:

  1. me too- i bought justins stocking candy and already dipped into it. the other day i downed a bag of chips solo (in a few days...) and justin wanted some of the last of it, i freaked out, grabbed it and ran for it.

    oink oink with ya sister. at lease you are working out- thats half the battle! go yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand this post and how you feel more than you know! However...I've come to grips with the fact that I will never be a skinny girl. I have curves, and I'm learning to love them :). However (again) I know that it wouldn't hurt to loose a few pounds...and while I will never be a size six, or even an eight...I could definitely be a size smaller than I am! Tim loves me though...so I just remind myself of that everyday and that it's his fault I'm a curvy woman :). Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I cannot tell you how hard I laughed at that conversation with the kindergartners. So so so funny. Poor you, it's hard to go up against the minds of five year olds.

    Wow we are so much alike with the food. Food is my definite down fall and I'm a food hog, hoarder, lover, and addicted to all things bad for me. But working out is my salvation and the part of the battle that I can WIN so we'll have to keep going to those Zumba classes and comparing work out programs because that helps me stay motivated!

    And cut yourself some slack, you're super busy, it's only been a few months since you had Abby, and it's winter time - which means it's time for a little extra winter storage to keep you toasty warm :) (at least that's what I tell myself) and I think you look good anyways!

    ReplyDelete