Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hair: The Bane of my Existence.

Hair. I have always had an image in my mind of what I wanted my hair to look like. I have tired to do various hairstyles. I've tried growing it out. I've tried keeping it short. I've thinned it, I've dyed it, I've flipped it, I've curled it. And I've come to the conculsion that my hair has a mind of it's own.
Oh sure, somtimes it actually goes the way I want it to and those times I truly do love it. Take my hairstyle Tuesday. It was fantastic. But for the most part, I greatly dislike my hair.

Right now I am in the process of growing out my hair. I don't know why I do this to myself except I'm sick of having the same ol' short hair do all the time. It is at that awkward "I do what I want when I want" length. I simply tried to straighten it this morning. It looked great for about 10 minutes, then I left the house and lo and behold it turned scraggly, therefore making me feel very frumpy and beraggled today. Is it too much to ask for to have beautiful hair much like this?:
I dream of long locks of beautiful hair. Like my BFF8's hair. I have ALWAYS been very jealous of her hair. It's so pretty and always looks fantastic. She curls it, she straightens it, she pulls it up. And never once has it looked bad. And it will probably look even better seeing as she is now preggers. (Sooooo extreamly happy for her!!!) So here's to your hair Mel. My dream hair.

Isn't she Purdy?

So here is a plea: what can I do to my hair till it gets past this awkward and very annoying stage? Pulling it up all the time would be nice...if I knew how to pull it up without acutally having a ponytale at all times. My hair has never looked great in a pony. Go figure. Any tips will help. Or I just might shave it off. Or probably not.

4 comments:

  1. You could try what people call the "messy bun". If your hair is curly, that helps with it. Or you could somehow make your hair do a french twist-like thing. Pin it back somehow. Although your hair looks very cute with half of it pulled back in a barrette.That will at least get some of it out of your way.

    It's a hard hair stage. I always hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are such a doll- believe me, my hair bugs me most days too. i say do 1/2 up 1/2 down, you look great that way and its easy while it grows out. even if most of your hair is up with bobby pins,its still cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get past the yucky stage by wearing my hair back constantly for a few months. However...even though my hair is long...I still wear it back because my child likes to pull it. Not fun. But, I can't bring myself to cut it.

    I LOVE your hair. I think it's beautiful :). You can totally do it though! I'll cheer you on...you just have to last a couple months of the awkward stage and you'll be set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I can comment on this post because well... your hair always looks PERFECT. I'm serious. I am always so jealous of your hair because no matter what, it is so gorgeous. Thick and beautiful and perfect. Up down and all around. Can you tell of my jealousy yet. My thin fine frizzy (I can't even call them locks because they are too pathetic) strands of hair hate yours with jealousy. I read this entire post going PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT. Just wake up and leave out the door and that is how you get past this "awkward" stage of having constantly perfect looking hair.
    Have I expressed my outrage and jealousy clearly enough for you yet? :)

    ReplyDelete