- She used to babysit my brother Erik and I. She always made us Spaghettio's cooked on the stove top, not microwaved. (they did have a different taste) and we always drank Sunny D with it. She also had a movie we would watch every time called On Our Own. We loved it.
- One time she was babysitting us, we went to a playground without telling her. After we gave her a heartattack, she found us. I don't remember what our punishment was, but I do know she was very relived that we were ok.
- When I went to SLCC, I had a math class that started at 7. I would park my car at the trax on 39th south and right after work I would go to her house. We would have a nummy dinner together and just talk. I didn't realize then how special those times would be to me now.
- My granpa and grandma would always keep gingersnaps around. If we asked, of course they would give us one. But sometimes we thought it would be more fun to sneak them. I'm sure they knew what were were doing...kids aren't as sneaky as they think they are. Especially when the cookie jar would clink. But they never 'caught' us or said anything. They acted obivious.
- My grandma made the best fruit salad for Thanksgiving and other family gatherings. It had the flavored marshmallows and apples and cherries and all sorts of yummy fruit in it.
- She collected porcelain dolls and benie babies and displayed them around her home.
- She was one of the first people I told about my baby the day after I found out. She was very happy for me.
- When she was younger, she always told me she LOVED to shop. She would work and as soon as she got her paycheck, her and her girlfriends would go shopping right away and she would blow almost her whole check. She especially loved shoes. I know where I get it from.
- One of my favorite things about my grandma is she LOVED Harry Potter, just like I do. She read all 7 of the books and saw most the movies. I was pretty sad when I realized she would never see the 7th movie. My sister, grandma, and I would always talk about the books and how awesome they were. It was great sharing something I love so much with my grandma.
There is so much more about my grandma I love. This just brushes the surface. I know I'll see her again someday and until then her, along with my other grandparents, are watching over me and my family. I love you grandma. See you again someday!