Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend


Thanksgiving weekend was one of the best weekends we have had in such a long time. I thought it was going to be a bummer week. Sams second job at Litzas is really busy around the holidays, so he was scheduled to work Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, so I really thought it was going to be a bummer. But besides working late on Monday, he was off every other day by 8 and he didn't have to go in til about 5 or 6, so it wasn't too bad after all!

Wednesday we didn't do much. Sam got off work from his day job at 1, and when he got home we all took naps until he had to leave again. Lame yes, but also quite necessary. That night when he got home, we all enjoyed some family movie time. It really was fantastic.

Thursday, my mom sister and I did our normal Thanksgiving swim. It felt so nice for my big pregnant self to float around and stretch in the water for a bit. After the swim, I came home and got busy making some things for dinner, and then we ended up at my moms for a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving dinner. A few of my aunts and uncles were there, as well as my cousin Tifanee, so it was so much fun!! Also, let me note here that I had 3 pieces of pie and I am not ashamed. That night we were all dead and ended up sleeping fantastically that night.

Friday we lazed around a bit and then we hit the stores to try and get some Black Friday deals. I ended up finding a griddle for $15, we found the Santa Clause and The Grinch, and got a few Christmas toys for the girls. Sam went to work and us girls lazed around til he got home. Once he was home, we watched The Grinch and then fell asleep to the Santa Clause.

Saturday, I woke up sick, so we literally did nothing all day long. I didn't mind one bit. The girls had fun int he snow for a bit, and Sam worked for maybe an hour that night and guess what we did once he was home? Yep, we watched movies.

Sunday I stayed home from church sick and binge watched Greys Anatomy (stupid stupid show) and Sam took both girls to church with him. It was a nice 3 hours to myself resting. After long afternoon naps and some meetings for Sam, we headed on over to his dads for some soup. We planned to stay home, but we both agreed getting dinner made for us was a good deal. Plus, we don't see that side nearly as much now that everyone lives out of state, so it was nice to visit for a bit.

I know the weekend may have seemed mundane to most, but it truly was a fantastic, much needed restful weekend spent with those I love the most. And boy do I love them. I still can't believe sometimes that this is my real life. That I married the man of my dreams who I met when we were just 15, and we have two of the most adorable wonderful girls in the world and are adding a 3rd one to the mix in just 6 more weeks. I truly am blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds nice to relax and be together, that truly is the best! I wish we could have been at Dan and Nonie's too.

    ReplyDelete