Monday, August 31, 2015

Pregnancy Update: Half-way done!!


Week: 20!! Its about time I decided to do a bump-update blog. I've been meaning to for like a month, but i just haven't. For shame!! I'd like to say 'wow! I'm already half-way' but to be honest, this pregnancy has been a long one so far. I thought the third pregnancy was supposed to fly by?

Size of baby: a Mango. Still sounds so tiny for how HUGE i already feel!

Gender: BOY! So, so crazy to me. I swear I wouldn't be able to make a boy, mostly because I make such perfect girls. Its what I'm good at. I don't know how to be a mom without dress-ups and princesses. Guess I will find out really soon.

Movements: I'm feeling them more and more. I am surprised by how long it took me to finally feel him. But according to the ultra sound last week, he is going crazy!! With Abby i had an anterior placenta so they said I wouldn't feel her as much for longer, but they didn't say anything about this one. Perhaps I'm just so busy with the two girls I don't take the time to notice as much. I'm feeling him enough though that I know he is alive and well.

What I've been eating: Not too terribly much. I still have such a hard time with food. Usually i eat something once, and I'm done with it forever. I was craving broccoli cheddar soup last week really bad, so I gave in. It was divine. I've had a fair share of tomatoes thanks to kind neighbors, and I've finally been able to eat a little bit of chocolate. Oh, and I had spicy cheetoes last week for probably the first time this pregnancy. they were so good, but I later woke up from my nap and my chest was on fire with heartburn.

How I've been feeling: Compared to the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy, I'm feeling fantastic. but I still feel more awful than I want to a couple days a week and my energy level is super low. My house is just a mess because I just run out of steam despite taking a nap still everyday, and heartburn is more frequent. I also have a constant pain in my left side (its nothing though). Haha. However, I haven't thrown up in over a month and for that I am happy. (boy oh boy I sound like the worst type of pregnant gal!)

What I've been doing: I'm trying to get back into a routine. I'd love to get out of bed earlier to get my workout done or to clean something without kids. But so far that hasn't happened. But I have been working out more this pregnancy than my last two, and I'm just trying to soak up the last few months of being a momma to the two girls.

Best moment of the week: Getting our gender ultra-sound last week!! As complainy and miserable I am this time around, the fact that I have a healthy baby is such a blessing. I've been so blessed to be able to 1) get pregnant right a way 3 times (even with this surprise this last time) and 2) never have had anything serious wrong with our babies. Knowing everything is ok with baby boy makes me feel so happy and blessed!!

What I'm looking forward to: swimming this coming weekend as a family, Labor Day next week, and abby starting preschool next week!!

How the girls are doing: Madalyn is still pretty clueless...or maybe just in denial she is about to be kicked out of youngest child. But she does obsess over seeing babies which makes me hopeful that, even though she is a huge mommy's girl, she won't be too jealous when brother gets here. (although last week I was babysitting my niece who is 3 weeks older than her and every time I would hold Daphne, Madalyn would get really mad and run off crying.) Abby is so excited!! She was disappointed for a minute when we told her she was having a brother instead of a sister, but sine then she has been happy and has his name picked out. It was going to be Alex Marie for a bit there and she was going to call him Ali. Now its Max. Actually its Andrew Alex Max Tappana, but she will just call him Max for short. Silly girl.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're having a boy! Not only because we'll have two boy cousins so close together, but also because there's nothing like that Mom/Son bond and relationship. I was terrified of having a boy, and I still am. In fact, I'm doubly terrified of having TWO boys now! But little boys are sure fun too. I'm with you on just being happy on having a healthy baby. Congrats on making it this far, as Third pregnancies sorta suck!! :) And thanks for keeping me updated, I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable! i am seriously so happy you are having a boy- and really hope i have a girl next so we can swap clothing! hahahah

    ReplyDelete