This past Sunday we had her birthday party with family, where once again the poor girls got the shaft. We had stayed home sick from church and all felt miserable. But, we had family over anyway and had dinner and then the famous cake smash, to which this girl wanted nothing to do with. But it sure makes for some memorable pictures. And, it seems to be a tradition for our babies to not like their first cake at the birthday party. Abby too was pretty upset about hers.
At one year:
- Madalyn can climb up onto just about anything, and feels pretty cool about that.
- She is already a picky eater. She loves peanut butter sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, fruit, and baby food. She hates meat. (except processed meat of course) Super healthy child.
- She loves milk and apple juice.
- She loves playing with her big sister, and annoy her too sometimes. (but not as bad as Abby annoys Madalyn)
- She loves to crawl and explore. And by explore I mean get into things like our toilet paper roll.
- She also loves to be held and cuddled.
- She is starting to walk along furniture, but she isn't really interested in walking. Why walk when you can speed crawl?
- We are down to nursing only at night but last night might have been the last time, which is both sad and a freeing feeling too.
- She is the happiest little thing in the world!
- We still have not legally changed her name to Madalyn Marie. Technically, she is still Madalyn Lily.
- She is in size 4 diapers and wears 9 and 12 month clothing.
Wow. One year old. Crazy! We love you Madalyn Marie