Wednesday, January 22, 2014

the Fifth Month


Months: My adorable, fun, smiley, loving baby girl is 5 months! 5! <insert cliche "I can't believe she is already 5 months! Stop growing! here>

Weight: At her last doctors appointment, she was 15.9lbs I believe. So quite the little chunker.

How she is sleeping: She is doing better. The little booger likes to be cuddled. She will be out, I'll put her in her bed, and she wakes up a few minutes later. She is out of our room finally though, so I really think that helps. The past few nights she has slept til about 5, and then she will sleep in after that til about 9, but only if she is in our bed being cuddled the majority of the time. :/

What Madalyn Loves: Maddi is totally a mommy's girl. She just can't get enough of her mama. I love it. Yesterday after I got done feeding her, she reached up and touched my face with her little tiny hand and just smiled her biggest smile, and gave me a giggle. There is nothing quite like knowing a child loves you as much as you love her.



What Madalyn Hates: Not being cuddled, and she despises tummy time.

What we are working on: Maddi still has yet to roll over...due to the fact she hates tummy time, but I think we are close. She is also pretty close to being able to sit up. And, we are working on having her sleep better in her own crib vs. mommy's arms in the morning hours after eating.

What's new this month: I wasn't going to start Maddi on cereal til 6 months, but at her last appointment, her doctor said to start trying since she is a chunk. He said it would help her sleep better at night, keeping her more full and it has. We started her on oatmeal and she is doing better and better at it. Last night we added sweet potatoes for the first time and she seemed to be ok with it. She also cut her first tooth on January 12, and is working on another one.


What we are looking forward to: Going to St. George with my family in February, and also taking a trip to Vegas to meet her boyfriend Porter.

3 comments:

  1. what a doll! i love your guys kissy face together pic. and shes not that big! shes just a little girl who IS Growing too fast. i really hope you guys can come down- i want to just pinch and squish those chubby little cheekers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel like I'm missing her WHOLE life! I guess I kind of am...but it feels like it's been much longer than five months and that she's so much bigger and different. She's adorable. Wish I could cuddle her some, though I'm not her mom. What a cutie chunky monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss her. Can you just box her up and FedEx her to me? I promise I'll send her back once I've had my Maddi fix :)

    ReplyDelete