Thursday, November 14, 2013

Farewell Gallbladder. You Haven't Been Playing Very Nice.

So, Monday I am having surgery. Not a bad surgery, just getting my gallbladder ripped out of my stomach. nbd. But seriously, I am pretty nervous. All these what-ifs are going through my head, and when I found out I have to fill out a basic Will, well that just didn't help. Plus, starting midnight Sunday night, I have to stop eating and drinking. That is almost worse than getting cut into. Ok jk it's not. But really. I hate being hungry. And I'm also not really getting cut into, just poked in 4 places and my gallbladder will be sucked right out. A Laparoscopic surgery they call it.

There are some pluses about having this surgery though, that I am hanging onto for when I feel nervous. They are as follows.

  • I get at least a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, thanks to the anesthesia. Lately my girls, particularly Abby, have been keeping me up all hours of the night. And last night, I had to go into work for my first time in 5 months (and my last time. woot woot!) so today, as I am feeling extremely tired and not being the best mom in the world as we watch episode after episode of Sesame Street and Curious George. With this surgery, I get to sleep. And it will be the whole day basically!! 
  • Sam will be missing work for at least 2 days. So, not only will mommy duties turn into daddy duties, but I am quite certain I will be doted upon to the max. I think I will build my throne of blankets and pillows on the couch in front of the TV and ring a bell anytime I need something. Oh...and I am excited to hang out with him too. 
  • I get to catch up on my shows. Supernatural, Hart of Dixie, Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon a Time, Parenthood, How I Met Your Mother and Parks and Rec to name a few. 
  • I get to finish my book too, if I have time between my busy schedule of watching my shows. 
  • I don't have to make dinner. At least for a few days. I don't hate making dinner as much as I once did. In fact, I am getting pretty good at cooking. It only took 4 and a half years of marriage. But to have a few days off of dinner duty will be nice.  
All joking aside, I just want to get this thing over with and get into recovery mode. I feel like I am finally almost back to my pre-pregnancy fitness level, and this is annoyingly setting me back again. So with an amazing husband to take care of us three girls and the help of other family members, I hope my recovery is a swift one! Wish me luck, and prayers are welcome!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! youre having surgery and i find out on your blog?!!! i am so sorry that is scary but i know everything will be ok. i hope you get extra pampered- i wish i could be there to help! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a speedy, relaxing recovery and that everything goes well with the surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be there to help take care of you!! Make sure you rest up a lot and let everyone wait on you and your every need! So glad you'll be feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the way you describe it.. gall bladder surgery doesn't sound so bad..
    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are doing okay and recovering okay too! I know how hard it is to go through it. Remember, if you do need anything please let us know! Love you!

    ReplyDelete