Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Hot Hot Heat

How Far Along: I am now 30 weeks along! Only 10 more until we meet our sweet little Madalyn. The time has gone so slow sometimes, but other times it has sped by. And It's gone WAY faster than when I was pregnant with Abby. Probably because with Abby, I didn't have a cute kid to chase around all day long.

Gender: Obviously still a girl, no matter how much my father-in-law says she will be a boy. Last night Abby wanted to talk to Grandpa on the phone and Sam heard him trying to convince Abby she was having a little brother. Oh Dan. Madalyn will be so wrapped around your finger you wouldn't have it any other way.

Weight Gain: I believe I am only up 17 now. I am feeling really great. And now that work has slowed down, I have more time to exercise seeing as I am not quite as exhausted all the time, so that has helped.

How I am feeling: Nausea wise, I am feeling pretty good. A few weeks ago I was sick a couple of mornings and thought for sure morning sickness was coming back, but so far so good. I often get horrible heartburn, but of course that is normal now. One particular Sunday during sacrament meeting it hit so hard I thought I was going to vomit. Of course its the one time I didn't have tums with me so I had to run home. A glass of milk and 4 tums later and I was doing pretty good. I am however starting to get very uncomfortable. It got up to almost 100 yesterday and I about died. I sat in Abby's pool like a beached whale while she ran around outside of it, but it felt great. I spent most my afternoon while Abby napped in our basement watching Pretty Little Liars and sipping on a slurpee. I don't know how I am going to manage the rest of this hot summer, except it will consist of wearing very little clothing inside my house and a bunch of time at Seven Peaks. Also, sleeping is starting to get difficult. Not only do I have to get up at least 4 times a night to pee, but I just feel achy when I sleep on one side too long. Oh the joys of an ever-growing baby.

Exercise I can do: Gone are the days of Wii Active or Just Dance. I am just awkward, big, and tired. I now go on walks and do my prenatal yoga. If I had easier access to a pool, I would be doing that too. I'll have to take Kari up on her offer and go night swimming sometimes with her.

Cravings: Still slurpees, Cookies and Cream Ice Cream and on Saturday I went to a baby shower where they were serving cucumbers on baguettes with cream cheese. Lets just stay I've had a ton of those since.

How Abby is doing: What can I say, I have one adorable child. She now points to my belly when I ask where the baby is, but she still doesn't quite get that mommy is having a baby. I think she is going to love Madi for the most part though. At the shower I went to Saturday she almost kidnapped a baby. I am so excited to see how she is going to react to her little sister.

What I am dreading: Next week Sam goes off to scout camp. The real bummer is my mom is going on tour so I won't even have her to entertain me. The week after scout camp, Sam has youth conference. Yuck.

What I am looking forward to: It is my last week of work! 3 more nights (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) and then I am done!! No more late nights, no more freaking out if I miss a nap, and no more going into bed with an already asleep husband. Pillow talk here we come!






2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I love this post! Probably because I'm a huge fan of pregnancy posts. So many things about this made me happy. I can't believe you only have ten weeks. And SERIOUSLY please lets start night swimming so I can work out! Let's start a night swimming club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so fabulous, and only 17 lbs is amazing! seriously you look really good. i am so excited to see your little belly in july and beach whale it up with you in the kiddie pool

    ReplyDelete