Mom Jeans for her. She raised her daughter Rory from age 16 (not condoning it) all by herself, and heck she did a pretty good job seeing as Rory is the smartest in her class at Stars Hollow High and soon transfers to Chilton, and after high school goes to Yale University.
Tactics that worked in raising Rory?
- Friend first, mom second. But she was a mom when she needed to be. (which was rare seeing as Rory was so good) Obviously this being a fictional show, being a friend more than a mom might not be the best.
- Knows how to have a kicken' movie night getting take out and buying junk food, watching some fun movie.
- Lorelai knows her pop culture, which really makes her the 'cool mom'
- She sacrificed a lot of her time/energy in wanting the best for Rory.
- Purposely trying to hit her son Gob with her car on an expired license...then somehow finagling her other son Michael, who got knocked out in the crash, into the drivers side so it look as though he was the one who caused it.
- Because of her manipulative ways, she has dominance over her youngest son Buster, causing him to be unstable, socially inept, and prone to panic attacks. Because of this, Lucille adopts a Korean boy and lets him do things Buster was never allowed, making Buster miserable.
- Constantly making remarks to her daughter Lindsay about how fat she is.
- Keeping herself half drunk to escape the demands of her hard motherhood.
Mrs. Amanda King, spy extraordinaire. No kidding. This is a mother to be like. Full time mother, part time secret agent, Amanda will spend the day chasing the bad guy, detonating bombs, and still have dinner on the table by 6.
What works for her:
- She is always the first person to volunteer at the PTA bake sale. Even if she is in the middle of an important case.
- She keeps her house in tip top shape, while juggling all her other housewife duties
- She always makes sure her sons, Phillip and Jamie, get well-balanced meals.
- She never misses a baseball game.
Tactics that work for Marie:
- Like I said, great cook. And she always tells Debra how she isn't a great cook.
- Prefers Raymond over Robert. Every mom should have a favorite kid right? Mine will be Abby...until the next one comes. Then who knows. :)
- She's always there...constantly. Much to Debra's (and sometimes Ray's) displeasure.
- She's very dramatic. I think it's a moms right to be dramatic. She did, after all, carry and birth her sons. I plan to be a dramatic mom.