Saturday, May 16, 2015

6th Anniversary

6 years. Wow. Its been 6 years since me and Sam were sealed for time and all eternity!! I waited so long to marry him! I knew 100% that I wanted to marry him at 18 years old. So waiting was brutal sometimes, but it was worth it.

I truly don't know how I was so lucky to get such an amazing man. Especially when I go back and read my old journal entries when we were dating. I was kinda a dramatic brat at times! But, he loved me anyway. And he still does many years later. Sometimes I still can't figure out why, but I know he does. 

He works so hard for us so I can be home raising our daughters. He makes me feel pretty. He is the best daddy in the world. He makes me laugh and he makes me feel like I'm a really funny person. He listens to me complain, and encourages me when I talk to him about my hopes and dreams. And never once does he think my dreams are too big. Sometimes I really have to pinch myself to see if our life together is real.

This weekend has been amazing. My sister took our kids over-night (thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!) and we had a wonderful time. We talked more than we have in a long time, we saw a late movie, slept in til 9:30 (stayed in bed talking some more until 10:30) he made me Eggs Benedict (Oh yeah, he is an amazing cook) and then we talked some more. Its amazing how much you can talk about when darling little kids aren't interrupting!! :)

Happy 6th Anniversary Sam! You make my heart happy. I love you forever!! 

1 comment:

  1. That time together is so wonderful! I love just getting to just sit back together and just be without little kiddos calling. I'm glad you were able to do that! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete