Monday, July 25, 2011

Then Along Comes Baby.

She is finally here!! Abbigale Mae Tappana was born July 21, 2011 after about 14 hours of labor and about an hour and 40 minutes of pushing. She was 8 lbs, 2 oz, and 20 in long. We cannot get enough of her!!

Me and Sam can't believe how much we already love this little girl we just met. She has completely stolen our hearts. It is amazing how our priorities have suddenly changed. It went from everything being just about us. We left the house when we wanted to, we came home when we wanted to, we only had each other to goo over. Then we brought a baby home and of course everything is about her. We went on our first real outing today to target. We wanted to leave about 1:30 and didn't leave until about 3. Everything is so much more work with the baby!  I fed her, then I showered, I had to take a nap (Abby prefers the night life) then I woke up, and between the two of us we changed her poopy diaper 3 times in a row, feed her again, finish getting ready, gather her things, change her again and finally we were out!! It's crazy but wonderful!!

I've also noticed she is already all we talk about!! "Abby did this" or "Abby did that." We also admit we are becoming facebook baby junkies...updating our statuses and putting up lots of pictures. Don't worry, I can probably already fill up a whole other album. But I'm holding off.

We are totally and completely taken with our little girl. We just look at her and synchronize our "ooohs" and "aaahs. (for example, at Target today she moved or did something stinking cute and we both went crazy!) I constantly hear Sam just talking to her and he always wants to hold her. It is so cute I can't even explain. I truly do love him even more than I did a few days ago. He is a wonderful dad.

I was nervous about becoming a mother and I was worried about mine and Sams life being so different and tied down to a baby, all the spontaneity gone. And though we can't just leave the house if we decide to do something in less than an hour, these past 4 days of motherhood have been the best and most rewarding 4 days of my life. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my little family so much. Life is good.

And now enjoy these pictures. I'll hold back a bit, don't worry! :)

Abby sleeping on daddy.

Wide awake with no chance of going to sleep at 3:30

I love her feet!



I am so happy with my new family!

She gets this face after she eats.
I am the luckiest gal in the world.

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i love her "just eaten' face!!!! and thats a super cute pic of the 3 of you guys! i cant believe youre PARENTS!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a proud Auntie :). She's adorable and I just can't wait to cuddle her again! Being a mom is the hardest thing you will ever do...but it truly is one of the best and most rewarding experiences of your life. I LOVE the outfit she's wearing...and that cute little blue bow is just stinkin' cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So freakin cute!!! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You. ARE. KILLING. ME! I just can't take this being away. This post has me all teary eyed because I can so relate. Our lives now revolve around our kids. And it seems that Brigham is the only other one that understands when I think every little movement is cute.
    It's so wonderful and I'm so glad you get to experience it!
    I'll see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable, Caitlin, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute :) We have the same little bed for Adelyn! I would have to agree...motherhood is the best!

    ReplyDelete