Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Half a Year

I can't believe my sweet baby boy is already 6 months old. These 6 months flew, and he is already well on his way to turning a year and I don't know how i feel about that. When i found out Andy was a boy, I was kind of devastated. I wanted all girls. I knew girls. I can admit this now, because it was obviously a hormonal, irrational fear, because I seriously cannot get enough of my baby boy. He has my heart in a way his sisters don't. (they both have my heart in different ways too, obviously. I wish everyone could at least have one of each!)

At 6 months old, Andy:

  • Loves me more than anybody else. I'm sure that will change when he realizes Daddy is into sports/can actually play said sports with him. But for now, I will take being his most favorite thing on the face of this planet.
  • He still loves to nurse, and only nurse. He will take a bottle, but not very well, and he pretty much hates baby food. Except bananas. He will sort of eat those.
  • He had his first camping trip, and handled it like a champ.
  • He can roll front to back, is good at arching his way out of his bouncer, and can sit up on his own for a couple of seconds before toppling over and getting very upset about it
  • He smiles very easily, but it takes a lot for him to laugh, and when he does laugh its pretty much just a chuckle.
  • One time he chuckles pretty good is when i am wiping his bum after pooping. Seriously. He just sits and chuckles as i clean him up. Whether it tickles, or he is rubbing it in that he just pooped, I don't know. But its adorable and hilarious.  
  • He makes the most adorable baby sounds, and I just can't get enough of his cute little voice!
  • He sleeps super well. I can put him in his crib at nap and bed time, and he will just grab his blanket, put it over his face, and falls asleep almost immediately. Sometimes he sleeps all night, but usually he wakes up between 4 and 6:30, eats, and then falls back to sleep. I definitely don't hate it. The only time he has been up multiple times lately is over the 4th, when he was cutting a serious tooth and was miserable. 
  • He loves to grab things. Anytime i am holding him and i take a drink of something, he is quick to grab my cup or water bottle and slobber all over it, and he likes his toys very much. 
  • He loves to stand look around. i need to get him one of those jumper bouncy things. He also hates to be in my ergo. He might like it better if it faced forward, but he hates being confined and facing me. Yet he loves to be held. Come on boy. Mama can only do so much!
  • He has two adorable bottom teeth, and surprisingly has only bitten me a couple of times. I think he must know if he starts to bite, its bye bye nursing, hello bottle. 
I sure do love my little boy. I can't get enough of his fuzzy head and big blue eyes. He is my favorite little dude in the whole wide world!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved being able to see and hold this little guy! especially since he's getting so big! I love reading about him and seeing your love for your little guy.

    ReplyDelete