As I sit here on the eve of aging a new decade, I can't help but reflect on what a fantastic 10 years of my life my 20s were; by far the best decade I ever had. I had a lot of ups and plenty of downs, but honestly, I had a great 10 years. I'm feeling all sentimental about turning 30 tomorrow, so I decided to make a list of 10 big things that happened to me in my 20s.
- At 20 years old, my missionary left me for two years, and it was super hard and crappy at times, but it was totally worth every hardship. (spoiler: I waited.)
- I moved away for the first time in my life and attended SUU. This was the best thing I could have done. I learned how to get by myself, and I made the closest friends. I came out of the shell that high school put me in and really discovered who Caitlin Bingham was.
- I went to California and saw the ocean for the first time with my roomates for Spring Break one year. It was such a fun road trip and I loved seeing the beautiful ocean.
- I went on a tour with the Tabernacle Choir, and flew on an airplane and left the country the for the first time in my life. We were only in Canada for less than 24 hours, but it still counts. The tour was such a wonderful, spiritual experience, and it is something I will always hold close to my heart and treasure forever. The best part was turning 21 on tour, and having a bus full of choir members sing to me. I also saw my boyfriend on his mission, and that was pretty
- I went through the temple for the first time, and it was such a wonderful experience, and it is a day I still think of fondly, because I was equal parts uplifted and confused.
- I was married to my best friend and love of my life in my 20s, and that was hands-down the best thing I have ever done. Our wedding day was so wonderful, and I couldn't believe that after years of knowing each other, dating, and waiting for him on his mission, I was FINALLY marrying Sam Tappana.
- Sam and I bought two great cars in our family; our honda accord (lola) and our Honda Pilot (rosie.)
- I became a real grown up in my 20s, when we decided to buy our house. I mean, we actually had a mortgage and had to really be self sufficient!! .
- I ran my first half marathon, and it is something I NEVER thought it would EVER do, but I did it and I am still really proud of myself for putting my mind to something and accomplishing that goal.
- I became a mom in my 20s, 3 times. First at 25, then 27, and again at 29 and out of everything that I have done in my 20s, this one by far is the one I am most proud of.
My 20s were great, and I can't wait to see what kind of adventures I will have in these next 10 years.