Monday, November 16, 2015

Because I need a little Christmas this year.

Every year when the Holidays start, I am very adamant about waiting for all things Christmas until Thanksgiving Day. That is, until this year. I started listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies last week, and I couldn't be happier.

You see, 2015 has been one of the hardest years to date. Lice, a broken arm, flues, a hospital stay, a very, very hard pregnancy, more Madalyn sick scares, and financial struggles. It seems like something went wrong on all the fun holidays this year and we had to miss out. I know, sounds like 1st world boo hoo problems. But its enough to wear on a person.

I guess I'm also wanting to start celebrating now in case something else happens and we miss Christmas. At least we had a full 2 months celebrating right? And, I haven't been in the happiest state of mind lately, with a dark cloud always hanging over my head, and Christmas music and movies bring me happiness and excitement, so why the heck not, right?

So, with the season approaching, Christmas means the end of the year, a fresh year that will hopefully be better, and a brand new baby to boot.  So to all you anti-Christmas celebrators til after Thanksgiving, I say to you this year, Bah-humbug. Or something like that. 

1 comment:

  1. I've always made myself wait until after Thanksgiving, but this year it's been SO hard! I'm ready too! While I haven't given in (besides accidentally listening to a Christmas song here or there when one comes up on shuffle on my phone) I totally get it. And you have had a rough year, so it's all good. I'm glad that you have found something that makes you happy. Go for it! I hope that you feel better. And we're both on the down hill slope! Wohoo!

    ReplyDelete