Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Blog Ever


So I did it. I caved. I got a blog, and I'm not so sure how good I'll do on it, but I figured since I was married, it was about time to start one.

Sam and I have been Married for 4 wonderful months now. Marriage is the best thing ever! Sam and I had such a long courtship, and it seemed like marriage would never come, but come it did!!

Back in Jr. High, during a seminary end of year party, I wanted to take a picture of one of my friends I thought was super cute. This friend pulled Sam into my picture. I didn't think anything of it until i got the film developed and saw Sam in the picture. I thought he was way "hot" and I would joke that he would be my husband. The next year, I went to Kearns High, and Sam went to Taylorsville High. Our schools were playing each other for the Kearn homecoming football game. There was a tailgate party before at the Seminary and Sam was there. I wanted to meet him so my friend Jake Calderwood introduced us. We immediatly hit it off calling each other "best friends." About a week later while I was home sick, I got a phone call. I answered and I hear a voice say "is Caitlin there" I said it was me and he asked if I knew who it was. I told him I didn't and he said "it's your best friend!" I was so excited. We started dating on and off after that. We dated almost all our sophomore year, and then again half our Jr year. As seinors we didn't date, but we were still friends. After high school, I was dating another guy, but Sam wouldn't have it. He would just keep coming around and being there for me and soon I realized that I loved him and we became boyfriend and girlfriend again!

Sam served his mission in Nashville TN, Spanish Speaking and I waited for him. He came home September 10, 2008 and we picked up where we left off. After much impatience on my part, he proposed to me on December 23, 2008 on Temple square. I was living in Cedar and he was in Taylorsville so it was a hard engagement but we made it!! We were married May 16, 2009 in the Salt Lake Temple and life is great!!

8 comments:

  1. omg!!! i love your 1st blog entry- you did forget to mention our sorrid love affair, but alas! im so excited for you marriage bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging and it was cool to read your story. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay a blog! I'll help you get it all beautified :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Cait - Your blog does look prudy. lol I am glad you are blogging. I hope you have fun with it! :) baaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, where is the newest and grooviest blog? i neat an update on the goings on of my couple bestie

    ReplyDelete